Improve cardiac fitness and wellbeing with our cardiopulmonary day rehabilitation program
This is an individualised program facilitated by a multidisciplinary team consisting of rehabilitation specialists, exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers and dietitians.
This day rehabilitation program is offered on a sessional basis on set days and times a week.
The program focuses on education and reconditioning, and is designed to assist with your cardiac rehabilitation journey. It will help you better manage your activities of daily living and improve overall endurance.
Cardiopulmonary day rehabilitation program outline
Depending on your specific needs, you program may include:
- assessments by different members of the multidisciplinary team
- education sessions from physiotherapists and occupational therapists
- supervised and structured gym sessions
- assistance and guidance with activities of daily living to improve independence
- medication and symptom management
- regular reviews with your rehabilitation consultant
This program can help reduce disability and mortality, reduce hospital readmission, improve your fitness and wellbeing to improve your quality of life.
Enquire about our cardiopulmonary day rehabilitation program
Talk to your treating doctor about a referral to Arcadia Pittwater for our day cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program, or contact us directly for more information.
Access rehabilitation services as a day patient or an inpatient
Depending on an individual’s needs, rehabilitation programs can be accessed as an inpatient (where you stay at the hospital) or as a day patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does day rehabilitation involve?
Do I need a referral to access a rehabilitation program?
How do I dress and what do I bring to a rehabilitation session?
- comfortable clothes for exercise
- suitable covered footwear
- a water bottle
- towel and swimming costume for hydrotherapy