Improve function, mobility and independence on our neurological day rehabilitation program
These symptoms might include fatigue, muscle weakness, poor coordination, difficulty multitasking, loss of sensation, poor balance, pain, and/or difficulty with speech and swallowing. These symptoms may be impacting everyday activities and having an impact on your quality of life.
All patients have a comprehensive assessment by relevant members of our multidisciplinary team – which includes physiotherapists, exercise physiologists, speech pathologists, dietitians and occupational therapists. We then work with you to develop a tailored rehabilitation program that’s tailored to your particular needs and goals.
A specialist rehabilitation for people with neurological conditions or injuries
This program is suitable for people who:
- have recently had a stroke
- are living with a chronic neurological condition and have had a recent illness or injury associated with that condition
- have recently been diagnosed with a new neurological condition such as multiple sclerosis (MS) or motor neurone disease (MND) and need management and support
- have Parkinson’s disease and associated difficulties with mobility or activity of daily living
Enquire about our neurological day rehabilitation program
Talk to your treating doctor about a referral to Arcadia Pittwater for our day neurological rehabilitation program, or contact us directly for more information.
Access rehabilitation services as a day patient or an inpatient
Depending on your needs, rehabilitation programs can be accessed as an inpatient (where you stay at the hospital) or as a day patient.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does day rehabilitation involve?
Do I need a referral to access a rehabilitation program?
How do I dress and what do I bring to a rehabilitation session?
- comfortable clothes for exercise
- suitable covered footwear
- a water bottle
- towel and swimming costume for hydrotherapy